Lawrenceville Uncontested Divorce Lawyer
A divorce lawyer can help you negotiate with your spouse, protect your interests, and come to a satisfactory agreement. Crystal Wright Law has represented Gwinnett County residents in divorce for over seven years. Contact our law firm at (404) 594-2143 for a case review with a Lawrenceville uncontested divorce lawyer who can help you.
If you and your spouse can’t reach an agreement about property division, spousal support, and child custody and visitation, an uncontested divorce can save you time and money. It can also avoid animosity and a drawn-out legal fight.
Table of Contents
How Crystal Wright Law Can Help with an Uncontested Divorce in Lawrenceville, GA
Are you preparing to file for divorce and want to seek an amicable resolution with your spouse? Have you realized you need legal representation in the middle of divorce proceedings? Are you and your spouse interested in turning a contested divorce into an uncontested proceeding with some help? An experienced Lawrenceville family law attorney can help you.
Unfortunately, many spouses choose to pursue an uncontested divorce without legal representation due to the mistaken belief that it will be more cost-effective. This can come with many pitfalls, including having to address issues that were not resolved initially. It can also lead one party to take advantage of the other’s emotional state. You deserve sound legal representation to make sure your best interests are protected.
Choose Crystal Wright Law to help you pursue an uncontested divorce, and count on our law office to:
- Prepare documents tailored to your unique needs
- Offer legal advice and insight into topics like child custody, support, alimony, asset division, retirement, and taxes
- Help you look forward to the future to make sure your needs are met
- Represent you in mediation, negotiations, and discussions with your spouse
- Ensure the terms of your agreement are fair
- Protect you from manipulation and point out any potential issues in a proposed agreement
Do not assume that you can only benefit from a divorce lawyer in a contested divorce. Contact our law office to assist with your uncontested divorce to avoid issues that can negatively impact your future.
What Is an Uncontested Divorce in Georgia?
An uncontested divorce allows spouses to reach an agreement on all issues in a divorce without costly litigation, including:
When a divorce is uncontested, you do not need to go through an expensive and time-consuming court process. Instead, spouses can make joint decisions rather than leave asset division, child custody, and other issues in the hands of a judge.
An uncontested divorce is completed by filing a divorce settlement agreement with the court. A judge will approve this settlement unless it’s unfair, and the divorce will be final.
Is an Uncontested Divorce Right for Me?
Uncontested divorce is best when:
- Both spouses can maintain an amicable relationship and reach an agreement on all key terms,
- The marriage has few significant assets and no minor children, or
- Both spouses are capable of supporting themselves.
Any divorce can proceed uncontested and save time, money, and conflict. Although uncontested divorce is ideal for couples without minor children or significant assets, high-worth couples and parents of minor children can still pursue an uncontested divorce.
A divorce that begins contested can be concluded in an uncontested fashion through mediation. Mediation can help if you and your spouse have difficulty reaching an agreement on a few terms. Your attorney can also help you negotiate a fair arrangement with your spouse to pursue an uncontested divorce.
What Are the Benefits of an Uncontested Divorce in Lawrenceville, GA?
Uncontested divorce has many advantages over an adversarial contested divorce:
- Less stress. Contested divorces become stressful for both spouses, especially when arguments over issues like infidelity and custody are involved. While divorce is always emotional and stressful to some degree, an uncontested divorce comes with less stress.
- Faster resolution. An uncontested divorce can be completed relatively simply without waiting for court appearances. Contested divorces can drag out for months or even more than a year.
- Lower costs. Because an uncontested divorce is resolved privately, it is far more affordable. You face far lower attorney’s fees, even if your divorce still requires some mediation and negotiation with the help of a lawyer. A contested divorce can quickly become expensive due to court appearances and negotiations.
By proceeding with an uncontested divorce, both spouses may end the marriage with less hard feelings. The adversarial nature of a contested divorce can make an otherwise amicable breakup a source of contention and emotional trauma.
How Long Does an Uncontested Divorce Take in Lawrenceville, Georgia?
Uncontested divorce is far faster than a complicated contested divorce in court. If you and your spouse agree on divorce terms, a divorce can be granted 31 days after the other spouse has been served. However, uncontested divorce takes an average of 30 to 60 days to be finalized. This gives both parties time to negotiate terms and allows a judge to review and sign their settlement.
A contested divorce, meanwhile, can take six months or even several years to be finalized.
Do I Need a Divorce Lawyer for an Uncontested Divorce?
You do not need an attorney for an uncontested divorce – or even a contested divorce for that matter. However, there are many reasons to seek legal representation. An experienced family law attorney can give you insight into the matters that need to be addressed in your divorce settlement. Your lawyer can also help with negotiations and mediation.
Mediation is a way to resolve disputes through an impartial person who facilitates discussions. Mediation is often used in contested divorce cases, but it’s also helpful for some uncontested divorces. This process focuses on working together to make sure the needs of both spouses are met. During mediation, your attorney can give you legal advice, identify important issues, and resolve any remaining differences.
Even if your divorce does not need mediation, your attorney will represent you in the uncontested divorce to protect your best interests. Sometimes one spouse simply agrees to terms to get a divorce over with. Your lawyer will make sure the divorce terms are fair.
Contact a Lawrenceville Uncontested Divorce Lawyer for a Free Consultation
An uncontested divorce is the most affordable solution to pursuing a divorce in Georgia. But even an uncontested divorce can come with emotional issues, disagreements, and areas of concern. A Lawrenceville uncontested divorce lawyer can help you protect your best interests and reach a fair divorce settlement with your spouse.
Contact Crystal Wright Law today to set up an initial free consultation. We will help you take the next steps and protect your best interests.
Lawrenceville Uncontested Divorce Lawyer Review
Read more of our reviews here.
Additional Uncontested Divorce Resources
- File For Divorce – Georgia.gov
- Uncontested Divorce in Georgia – Forbes
- Uncontested Divorce in Georgia – Athens Clarke County, GA
- Flourish Family Therapy, LLC. Formerly, Atlanta Family Counseling Center – 190 Camden Hill Rd STE A, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Greater Life Counseling – 11 Lumpkin St #100, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Better Life Therapy LLC – 175 Langley Dr Building A Suite 2, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- New Beginnings Counseling Center – 1585 Old Norcross Rd #203, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
- Jennifer Hope, LPC – 190 Camden Hill Rd STE A, Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Visit Our Divorce & Family Law Office in Lawrenceville, GA
Our family law firm in Lawrenceville, GA also provides:
- Lawrenceville Adoption Lawyers
- Annulment Attorneys in Lawrenceville, GA
- Child Custody Attorneys in Lawrenceville, GA
- Lawrenceville Child Support Lawyers
- Cohabitation Agreements Lawyers in Lawrenceville, GA
- Collaborative Divorce Lawyer in Lawrenceville, GA
- Lawrenceville Divorce Lawyers
- Domestic Partnerships Lawyers in Lawrenceville, GA
- Domestic Violence Attorneys in Lawrenceville, GA
- Grandparent Rights Lawyers in Lawrenceville
- Judgment Modification Attorney in Lawrenceville
- Legal Separation Attorneys in Lawrenceville
- LGBT Divorce Attorney in Lawrenceville, GA
- Military Divorce Attorneys in Lawrenceville, GA
- Paternity and Legimitation Lawyer in Lawrenceville, GA
- Property Division Lawyers in Lawrenceville, GA
- Spousal Support Attorneys in Lawrenceville
- Uncontested Divorce Lawyers in Lawrenceville, GA